Our Bar Overdentures are fabricated by using CAD/CAM precision milled titanium bars or cast metal hader bars using attachments. The advantage with Bar Overdentures is that it distributes occlusal loads more evenly across all implants. Bar Overdentures are ideal for patients with a heavy bite or when the implants have been placed in softer bone. Patients have less or no sore spots with implant retained Overdentures.
Case Materials Required
- Implant level impression
- Opposing impression – if applicable
- Bite registration – if applicable
- Tooth shade
- Bars are precision milled using surgical grade titanium for exacting fit, extreme durability, and light weight
- Bars are fabricated using a computer scan of the full denture setup using CAD/CAM technology
- Available for a wide variety of implant systems
- Improves denture retention, function and speech
- Adequate ridge and prosethesis will be tissue-borne with the implants providing retention
- Patients with a heavy bite and when implants have been placed in the softer bone.
- Patients with serious medical problems or in a poor general state of health
- Patients with medical problems such as; uncontrolled bleeding disorders, drug or alcohol abuse, weakened immune system, titanium allergy or uncontrollable endocrine disorders
- Send OC Cosmetic Dental Laboratory an implant level impression, from which a verification jig will be created.
- We suggest you use the open tray technique and send us as much information about your case as possible.
- Once verified in the patient’s mouth, it will be scanned and then designed.
- After design, the bar is milled from titanium for a precise fit or casted.
- D6055 Connecting Bar – Implant Supported or Abutment Supported (Utilized to stabilize and anchor a prosthesis)